Detox Hibiscus Tea Bars…
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Nut Free
1 cup Warm Hibiscus Tea
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 cup Oat Flour
1/4 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
1/4 tsp Aluminum Baking Soda
1/8 tsp Real Salt
1 tsp Organic Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Cardamon
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Honey
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Dried Apricots, chopped
1/2 cup Dates, chopped
2 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
Dash of Real Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1. In a small bowl, mix together the chia seeds and 3 tbsp of the tea. Reserve the remainder of the tea fir the filling. Set the seeds and tea aside for about 10 minutes or until it's gelled.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cardamon together. Then add the oil, honey, vanilla, and chia mixture to the dry mix stirring until combined. Pour the dough out onto a a sheet of plastic wrap. Wrap the dough tightly and chill in the fridge for about an hour or overnight.
3. For the filling: In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine the dates, apricots, lemon juice and salt with remainder of the tea. Gently stir until it starts to simmer and thicken, about 10 minutes. Then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Unwrap the the dough and place it on the parchment paper. Roll the dough until it's about 4x11 in and about 1/4 in thick.
6. Add the filling to one side of the dough. Flip the opposite without the filling over the top and press the edges lightly to seal. Place on baking sheet.
7. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let the bars cool, then cut to desired size. Store in refrigerator for up to 4 days.